blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Sunday, August 13, 2017 @ 9:05 PM
Hazel.

I went home to socal and stumbled upon the 'flowers' you gave me. I took it with me back to the bay, and didn't know what to do with it.

I had the urge to make macarons purely with the hazelnut flour, something I haven't done as macarons are mainly made with almond flour, but I took a chance and worked with it. I was worried since it's been years since I made macarons, and I'm not sure how the humidity in the apartment would treat the cookies pre-bake. With a lot of patience and carefulness, they came out absolutely beautiful, and by themselves they taste lovely and comforting. I combined the cookies with vietnamese coffee ganache I made, and they tasted even more ravishing. I know you don't like sweets, but I know you'd at least appreciate the rich, comforting flavor of freshly brewed viet drip coffee made into a ganache with white chocolate as its base, combined with the crispy shell and the soft, dense, and familiar flavors of the hazelnut flour.

I really really wish you could try some;

maybe another time.

Labels: