blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Tuesday, July 4, 2017 @ 5:02 PM
Independence.

Okay, well, there goes my recollection of images embedded in my blog posts, heh. Photobucket's greed took over and is now charging $399 for image linking in a 3rd party website (such as this). I moved to imgur instead, but still, they also don't like image linking... ho hum. Well, please ignore how ugly the sign is in the older entries, oops.

Anyways, I finally found a time to reflect a bit! I spent 2 weeks at home with no social media (I deleted my IG, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.) and put my phone on silent so I returned messages when I actually designated time to. It was possibly one of the best feelings ever--being so disconnected and independent of social media and spending time solely to myself without constant distractions, doing what I want, when I want, however I want, and planning the things I want to do for myself, without the stressors of others (not saying everyone is stressing me out--I just normally worry about other people all the time so I tend to get a bit overwhelmed!!)

I've gotten better about exercising, and found my dedicated exercising buddies. Thanks R, C, & A for sticking with me for that #summergoals, and for cooking dinner/feeding me. I've done a few days of P90x3 and some cardio kickboxing and ran around the Berkeley Marina a few times, and I also invested in some resistance bands to tone up my muscles at home (although I am aware that nothing can replace weight lifting).

I've started studying for my OAT with a Kaplan course at school, and had a friend from my post-bacc surprise-visit me. I'm heading out to Seattle soon to see my waifu, and my little prince (Jiji) finally came back home (I officially signed the adoption papers!!). I got into another art gallery and my piece will be auctioned off! I also am planning a short and sweet trip to socal to show my friends the amazing art and museums socal has to offer :3

Logistics aside, I've been feeling a lot better about myself. I've been reading a lot, and I'm slowly learning how to fully love again. Maybe it's all the exercising and the serotonin that's being released, but my nostalgia is slowly turning into cherishing memories. I can finally walk through memory lane without the path suddenly turning so dark and bleak. I can talk to others a bit more freely with a more willing heart, but one thing is for certain: I'm enjoying this independence as of late; albeit really late into the game, I think I finally found a rhythm I can jam with.

Labels: