blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Friday, April 28, 2017 @ 4:39 PM
Don't forget--

I had a blessed chance to have a very brief yet humbling meeting with the artistic director of the San Francisco Unified School District. She personally asked me to bring in my artwork to show her, and she gave me such encouragement and affirmation. She went out of her way in her busy day to talk to me and advised me to continue working on my passion, and as a suggestion, go into storyboarding, hahaha.

I'm still processing that day, and the fact I got to meet such an inspirational leader, educator, and supporter of the arts face to face, individually, is still mind blowing. How did I even get here? To be frank, I go through phases where I attempt to bury the act of art making, or even thinking about the idea for several, personal reasons. But why, although working so hard towards my optometry career, am I graced from time to time with such amazing people in the creative field and given so many opportunities to continue being involved?

I'm a strong believer in fate, and that things happen for a reason. Thank you thank you thank you for letting me be continuously inspired by art.

"Just 20 minutes a day, that's all you need. Sketch, draw, paint, whatever. 20 minutes a day--that's all you need to keep your spirit alive."

Labels: