blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Sunday, March 12, 2017 @ 8:24 PM
Euphoria.


I have a physics midterm final (oops) tomorrow, but I non-regrettably spent most of my day having such a fulfilling time for myself. It was a beautiful Sunday morning with a temperature of 70 degrees and I couldn't help but take this opportunity to draw outside on the patio. I had nice, upbeat tunes playing in the background and a chilled bottle of ginger beer in hand, and I sat under the patio umbrella with the easel in front of me--it was utter perfection. For once, heart wrenching nostalgia didn't surface, but just all around good feelings. I missed the motion of standing or sitting with the easel and drawing so much. It reminded me of those days where I secretly loved but loathed heading to studio to work on my art projects. It was the sort of escapism that I don't get to chase after often. The feeling that's associated with good vibes and art with such excited, focused energy emerged from me and I was pleasantly surprised; I was so happy. It's been so long since I felt genuinely like this. The sweetest sun stayed by my side for the rest of the day and I couldn't appreciate it enough.

With that said, today was such a kind reminder how it feels to be truly alive.
Closure will come when you least expect it, because you'll just simply tuck those thoughts away in the closet and decide to don the thoughts that empowers you without looking back.

Labels: