blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Saturday, February 18, 2017 @ 11:19 PM
Sunshine.

Happiness is--

The warmest rays that peeked out from the seemingly never ending clouds and how softly it blanketed my skin. I wanted it to never let go.
Perusing about the bustling alleyways where local, home made shops lie and stopping by a comforting, rustic floral shop that made me burst with interior inspiration. But man oh man, were the items overpriced.
Earl grey and vanilla bourbon ice cream. Vanilla for when the earl grey leaves an overwhelming trace on my tongue.
Stopping by a random mom and pop cheese shop out of sheer curiosity, and being genuinely surprised about their creamy crawfish soup and delectable sandwiches. And of course, their wide selection of cheese with delightfully cheesy puns.
Getting spontaneous phone calls from someone who cares about you and asks how you are feeling. Yes, yes, I am doing better.

But most importantly, looking at the world ever so fondly with refreshed eyes, and finding beauty in the quietest of spaces. It has been a long time since I have felt an urge to physically capture these fleeting moments, and keep it so close to my heart, for they are gentle reminders of who I was before, and reflection of where I am now. I have forgotten all this time to stop and smell the roses.

Happiness is, to say the very least, spending time and sharing these moments I find so beautiful with you.

Labels: ,