blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, June 25, 2014 @ 12:48 AM
Ebullience.

One of the better days where I get spoiled with some of my favorite things: art (especially modern art), museums, chill friends, new friends, good food, good boba, roomies, laughter, & inspiration.
(and getting work done. HECKS YEAH.)

Probably my favorite curated exhibition that I've went to so far. This exhibit challenged the notions of what is considered "gorgeous."

My favorite piece of today's visit.
"'Consuming' best describes my experience in front of Gerhard Richter's blood-red painting. The density and depth of color suck my eye into the surface. The acknowledgement of my own reflection immersed in a sea of blood startles me. Red is love. Red is danger. Blood is life-sustaining, a symbol of kinship and love. It is also macabre, violence, death. But my associations take a back seat to the color itself. I just want to soak in this redness. I want to feel red."
I am wholly seduced and enveloped by this painting. ♥






& to end this long entry, here's my name in amino acids. Thanks JH (;

Labels: ,