blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Tuesday, February 11, 2014 @ 9:05 PM
The way you are;

I journey'd through my undergraduate career without a specific direction. I jumped around in several different spaces, getting a taste of what each community was like. It was until my junior year that I decided to dedicate my future to optometry. That led to Foresight, and there, I finally found the role model I've always wanted to have in my college career.

There are those role models who have a masters and a PhD and went to highly prestigious schools; while highly admirable, those dreams aren't remotely tangible for me (at the moment). On the other hand, I met this amazing womyn who I fell in love with; her style, her modesty, her eloquent diction, and most importantly, her beautiful, beautiful personality. She seems to know what to say every time without hesitation; there is never a dull moment with her. While she is an officer and work under many notable organizations, by the way she carries herself, you would have never known. She is the first of her kind that I have ever met; she is not the typical "nice" or "sweet" or "confident" girl. Do not get me wrong, she is all of the above, but those descriptions have preconceived notions that does not match up with her at all; she is truly a one of a kind.

The fact that she got into SCCO and Berkeley Optometry is already impressive by itself, and I can't even imagine how wonderful her interviews went because of just how naturally optimistic she is. Someday, I hope I can strive to be an ounce amazing as she is. I know I can't be a carbon copy, but you inspire me so greatly, I am pushing my own boundaries to its furthest.

It is so unfortunate how you are graduating this semester and that I didn't get to know you as well as I wanted to. However, I know you are itching to start optometry school whichever school you choose (most likely SCCO?) and I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors :)

Labels: , ,