blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, January 8, 2014 @ 6:26 PM
Since when did you know everything?

Some people are so inconsiderate and quick to judge when they don't know the full story. It pisses me off to no end. UGH. WHY.

On my facebook news feed, there's an image of a 7 year old girl beautifully photographed (probably a family photoshoot of some sort!) with the caption, "The awkward moment when a 7 year old is prettier than you.." She is wearing a flowy, graceful attire (with no skin showing, mind you), and her long hair is wavy. The comments on the picture is absolutely disgusting because they're full of 1. hate for the parents for "making her grow up too quick," 2. saying the child isn't really pretty because of the image she portrays (a nonchalant expression), 3. assumptions that she is being sexualized based on that simple picture. Basically, it's full of negativity when it should be the other way around.

While I respect their opinions that her childhood should remain with her as long as possible, did no one ever think this photoshoot was just for fun and for their family album...? If I had my own family and children, I would DEFINITELY have a photoshoot and do my childen's (extremely minimal) makeup and hair for pictures. Heck, when I was smaller I had a photoshoot with my family and I wore a little blush and red lipstick, donning a small white tulle dress. Fast forward to today, and I'm not a slut or promiscuous or anything, but I'm still pretty amazing (I think). I had an amazing, humble childhood. They perhaps dressed her up as a one time thing for fun and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

So, instead of flaming the parents and giving pity for the child, can we please take into consideration that this was potentially a fun photoshoot that happens once a blue moon? A mere SINGLE photo does NOT determine the status, life, or happiness of the child and her family. Way to go, people, for assuming.

Labels: