blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, November 27, 2013 @ 5:34 AM
It was meant to be.

If there is one thing I learned from being a part of Berkeley, it would have to be to always look at the optimistic side of things, no matter what kind of situation you're in. Things definitely happen for a reason. Oftentimes we say, "If only this little thing didn't happen, everything could've been avoided and we would never be put in this troublesome situation." But there is no 'if's' because it was supposed to happen.
If I didn't jump on you, I wouldn't have maybe cramped up my leg. But because that did happen, and I got really injured (it terribly hurts to use my left leg), and you really didn't show any real concern, which made me see that side of you. You saying "I get those every time I sleep; just put pressure and deal with it," while I was crying out in pain definitely tells me something about you. Everyone has a different pain tolerance and a psychological state; that was very immature of you to tell me to suck it up. Especially since it was coming from you.
Here's another example why things are meant to happen: If we told you* that we're going home at the time, you would have never had the opportunity to interact with that homeless man. And if you did not give the homeless man all the necessities he needed to survive the next couple of days, you would have never told me. But because this DID happen (partly due to my fault, believe me), I was able to discover the pure light in your heart. And based off this unfortunate yet fortunate event, I was able to see this side of you present time.

I definitely and wholeheartedly believe that every misfortune is meant to shine light on everyone's personalities. Every event is meant for us to better understand people, good or bad.

*'you' could infer different people.

Or better well said by Marilyn Monroe,

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Labels: