blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, October 9, 2013 @ 3:16 AM
Fragility.

Three or four, or even five years down into the beaten road... I wonder where we would be, and what would happen, to you and me.

Maybe that's a fickle number. I would still be in school--would things change? Would you wait? My life would finally get sorted and settled down a decade from now. Dealing with uncertainty... Even I don't know how to handle myself in that situation. How could I see a future with you, if I couldn't figure my own future out?

However, every year I spend with you, the haziness becomes more transparent and the clouds begin to clear up, little by little. I knew jumping into this was a very big risk for me--especially in such an impulsive manner. It is highly unusual for me to do such an irrational thing, for I would live in such great uncertainty and fear. Admittedly, I did not see a future; not because I didn't want to, because I just didn't know what it would be like.

But it seems like it was fate's doing; she gave me so many tests and warnings, but I ignored them all and went with it; only to see you blossom into a vicarious spirit today that I've always dreamed of for you. The stars have aligned, and I could never be so much happier than to be with you.

You are like a precious stone, hidden away in a rock, with a worn down, weathered exterior. It was a tough journey, but I finally got to witness your beautiful soul tucked away in your vivacious life.

I feel so grateful, so blessed, to be with the person you are today. To experience your beginnings, and to see your end, only to experience the beginning again. It is never a dull moment with you, as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

These words may become meaningless and untrue at any given moment, but what I feel right now is for certain.

I have fallen in love with your history, your upbringing, your adversities, and your positive growth. I have fallen in love with your determination, kind soul, drive, and optimism. While there may be many others who share those same qualities, none have gone through a story like yours, and turned out into a humble young man like yourself.

It is your whole entity, I have fallen for.
And may we have many more years to come, however uncertain they may be. It's been two years, and now going on third.

I love you, my naked mole rat. ♥

Labels: