blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Saturday, July 7, 2012 @ 3:15 AM
Promises

and they still feel all so wasted on myself

dude, throughout the whole day today, I think my left side of my brain went into an urging rampage.
It all started with watching ISATV's episode where Phil learns how to dance to kpop, and then I saw that he was a dancer in college. Then I was like, "Man, I wanna be as cool as Phil. I should take up hiphop!" I love how dancers are always so confident of themselves. And then a huge urge to learn how to move came upon me. Searches commenced, but I don't think I'm going to go through with it because I couldn't find any decent teachers near here. I want to learn the art of dance, not just merely learn dance moves.

And then suddenly fencing came into mind, and then I googled Berkeley fencing and surprisingly Cal has their own team! WHAT IN THE WORLD...!!! I'm SOOO excited to join it and learn next semester. Hopefully I'll be able to manage my time better.

A 3 hour grocery trip commenced shortly afterwards... 20 minutes waiting in line for Ici's, and then Safeway, and then waiting for the bus that never came... And then calling Jeff&Tony for help. They picked us up, how nice of them! :) But all that waiting... ugh.

And then when we came back, I was in a singing mood all of a sudden. I was recently told that singing can be a learned skill so I researched a bit on that, and it is indeed possible! Ever since I lived with the musical goddess Shannon back at USC, I definitely admired her passion for music and singing. Hearing her train frequently in her room adjacent to mine inspired me somewhat in someway; I am most certainly not a singer, but I'd like to at least to train my voice to reach the high and low notes. On several occasions, usually after an event that contained a lot of screaming and yelling, my voice would all of a sudden reach those high and low notes with clarity and no resistance. I found this very astounding and amazing... I didn't know my voice could do that. But then a day or two afterwards, my voice would return back to normal and lose its ability to reach those notes (I'm assuming due to the lack of constant voice "exercise"). Ever since then, I've always questioned if it was really possible to learn how to sing, and if was only talent based or not.
I recalled that one of the community colleges near me offered such a class, and according to my findings, I could do it Wednesday nights or Saturday afternoons. I'm also going to take up elementary piano so they could very well compliment each other, but I'm afraid of time commitment.
I just want to take up voice for pure fun; I want to see what the extents of my capabilities are. Perhaps as I practice piano, I'll be better at distinguishing the notes, which would definitely help with vocal ranges... We'll see; I mean taking a voice class as a complete noob is still a highly intimidating thought!

Haha, I wish I could have this much passion for math&science as I do for the fine&performing arts...

Labels: