blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, July 11, 2012 @ 6:30 PM
The da Vinci Code

Some people have weird habits when it comes to doing productive work; some like to work at cafes (Starbucks is where I reside at the moment to study), some like to read books outside, some like to do work in the bathroom (mainly because there's no distractions and they're in an area where they fully don't feel comfortable to get distracted).
In front of me sits a girl who is painting a copy of da Vinci's Starry Night. She has her palette out, water cups, a few paintbrushes, and a large poster board where she taped her painting down to resist water-buckling (a common annoyance amongst watercolorists). All on a small table. As a progressing artist like myself, I think that's a really ineffective method of painting. Like, why limit your natural entropic artistry habits in such a clean, close-knit, tidy area where you're surrounded by moving people? That small table itself makes me cringe in thought of how tight the space is. No arm room. You have to be careful of surroundings. You have to mind other people. Why why why would you do this to yourself. Starry Night's supposed to be peaceful, calming, wondrous painting, and often more than not, your current mood reflects onto your paintings.

I hope she realizes that someday, heh. Or maybe, I don't understand her "code" harhar! Well, to each their own I suppose!

Labels: