blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Thursday, May 17, 2012 @ 2:46 AM
Transitioning.

Going from being academically overwhelmed from UCB to being babied and taken care of in USC and slightly slacking off due to the less competitive nature of the school to a highly competitive UCB... what did I get myself into...? Will I be ready for this, again?
I have to constantly remind myself that there will no longer be professors or counselors watching out for me. I finally know how it's like to be in a "privileged," private school where nearly everything is offered, despite the budget cuts, and where they have mandatory counseling sessions to check up on personal and academic life, and email you personally as well to see if you need any help with the class. Oh, I will miss you, but... I want to try and see if I can grow individually. As tough as it may be for me due to my dependent nature, I want to see if I can push myself with no one babying me. I think that, by itself, is worth the well deserved pride in the very end; a personal goal, a proud self-accomplishment, if you may.

Another question I always ask myself: in this day and time, why did I choose a crumbling UC school versus a flourishing privately funded school?
I... I don't fully have an answer to that. I'm looking for it as well, but I know that deep down inside, I made the right choice. I don't know why or how, but maybe in the future, I will have a better story to tell.

Labels: