blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Monday, May 7, 2012 @ 2:17 AM
Touchscreen Ultrabooks

Lenovo Yoga?! Maybe?!
A convertible touchscreen ultrabook with windows 8... oh man, so dreamy. It's (almost) everything I've wanted!
There's also the Windows Ultrabook made by Intel but... it's not convertible, which makes me wonder what the heck where the developers thinking; not being a convertible is going to just make this awkward distance touching the screen, resulting in arm fatigue after a long period of touchscreen usage.

But the downside to the Lenovo Yoga is that it's merely a touchscreen (a 10 point multitouch one at that) but it's not designed for pens, which I really need the tablet feature for. I think one of the main problems surfacing the whole tablet market is the fact they do not have a pen input. Actually, I don't even understand the whole touchscreen phenomena without it. You just... Touch it. Wow, I pressed the screen and it worked! WOOOW, what else can you do.

If I was an engineer I'd definitely add the pen input feature for future ultrabooks. Touchscreen ultrabooks are utterly useless without it, personally. I really need a new laptop more than ever (gawd I just want the touchscreen to quickly jot down notes for class!) but I think the laptop market is making me wait. GRR. (And yes, I am aware of the Lenovo ThinkPad and its pen capabilities but it's android...)

I should just make one myself LOL. Or just gather all the prodigious Berkeley computer science and engineer majors to make me one (:!

...actually, now that I think about it, I might need a more powerful laptop because I'll be running games on it... Uhhh, HMMM. Maybe I should just get a new desktop computer for my spiffy new apartment! We'll see.

Labels: