blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, April 11, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
Saboteurs.

As I write this right now, I'm listening to the TV news, explaining what happened at the shooting at USC today.
Two international USC graduate students from China died; they were a couple. They were driving up to a friend's house at 1AM, and then both were shot. The female slumped over the wheel; the male tried to run and got out, but then dropped dead on someone's porch. They were coming from the library. Scariest part; it's in the same general area as I live in. And I walk home from the library in the wee hours of the morning.
They were both engineers--which reminded me of the time I met a Chinese grad student in the engineering school on the bus. Like, what if that was her? What if I knew her? She had such a sweet, genuine personality that was really excited to go to school here.
It reminded of the time where Justine and I were walking home from Moffit at like 3am in the morning, and there was this shady man in black following behind us. That was freaking scary as hell. In fact, that was the scariest moment I had in Cal. My gosh, it was on friggen campus too!
Shannon's going to get me pepperspray for my birthday since I always walk late at night, lol thanks. x)

Labels: