blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Saturday, May 14, 2011 @ 5:59 PM
2 + 2 = 5

Are you such a dreamer to put the world to rights?
I'll stay home forever where 2 and 2 always makes a 5.
I'll lay down the tracks, sandbag and hide
January has April showers and 2 and 2 always makes a 5.

It's the devil's way now; there is no way out.
You can scream and you can shout--
It is too late now.

Because you have not been paying attention!

All hail to the thief.

I remember listening to this several years ago and I fell in love with the song's concept for some strange reason without truly knowing what it meant. Now that I've (partially) read 1984 and know the basics of Animal Farm, I finally understand it and truly enjoy the song and its lyrics.
Hmm, I find Orwell's underlying themes in 1984 and Animal Farm strangely fascinating, considering I do not have an ounce of interest in politics. Hmm, what else to read, what else to read...

For a part of my assignment, I had to describe a quote explaining the forbidden act of "fun" sex in 1984 (which represents the ultimate act of individualism, physical and emotional pleasure, and the utmost desire to continue living in which the Party does NOT want) and I had to somehow describe what sex feels like.

Perhaps I have to experience it myself to coherently express those feelings through diction. Hmm, which candidate shall I consider...?

...just kidding! LOL

Anyways, I'm honestly stumped. Call me inarticulate or whatnot, but I don't know any appropriate words for a teacher to read that can describe that without sounding like some uneducated adolescent teenager... Pleasurable wouldn't work in my case because it's not the pleasure the Party is trying to stop, but the feeling of.. uh...

Labels: