blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Thursday, March 24, 2011 @ 7:02 PM
Calamity.


youessee!


The future is truly unpredictable.

I can finally wear my USC lanyard and sweatshirt with pride. ♥

I got in. I used to be really, really excited when I was at the mailbox with my dad.
The fact it is probably the only private I will get accepted to, I was ready to be taken in by the Trojan family. I really was.
I then found out I got accepted into Spring admission, meaning I can't attend USC until the spring. Which means I have no school during fall and winter. I told my dad I can just go to RCC to make up my credits, and even attend summer school if I have to. He was totally against that idea of going to RCC.
And then he brought up he never planned for me to go to USC anyways, pushing me to either go to UCLA or Cal. (yeah I got into Cal too...) He said he never heard of any Vietnamese friend ever going to a private, assuming they don't go because of so many complications. No, they don't have high aspirations as I do. Yet, my father is throwing them away.
I don't know about you, but this was seriously my dream school. I can't go to a UC when I got into a private--I can't handle large classes. I do poorly in them. I feel I learn better when it's a higher student to faculty ratio.
Do you know how much it hurts hearing that I can't go, regardless of all the hard work I put into my high school career just to go there? I even offered to do work study to help pay for my tuition, but my parents aren't letting me.
I thought this would be a joyous, sunshine filled day, but instead it ended in tears.
It's going to get worse later tonight. I know it.

damnit I have a physics test and a math quiz tomorrow and I can't even concentrate. My parents are seriously killjoys.

Labels: ,