blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Wednesday, December 8, 2010 @ 1:10 AM
A lesson learned.


Interviews.



"Literally ALL my interviews with private colleges have been awkward, but the one that takes the cake was my interview for Northwestern when I was a senior in high school. So it was with this UNBELIEVEABLY hot guy in the Admissions office and the interview went kinda slow at first, but then somehow I started talking about how I would eventually like to study at the campus they just opened in Qatar....this guy had no idea what I was talking about. THEN he asked me what I was most looking forwards to when I arrived on campus in the Fall and I stupidly said, "Hot smart guys like you!" and began to laugh...it was a joke....so of course he just gave me the wierdest look and the longest pause and then changed the subject. BTW, I'm gay. Yea, I didn't get in."

I lol'd.
I had my USC interview today!

It could have went better. I am POSITIVE the person I talked to specialized in history so we couldn't communicate much. Dangit. What a waste of a trip. -_-;
It was SO bland, the interview.
"Why USC?" "Why did your parents come from Vietnam?" "Why is there a lot of Vietnamese working in nail salons?" "Did your parents ever experience the Vietnam war?" "Do you know about the history about the boats being sent from Vietnam?" "Did your parents go to college?"
FRICK maaaan my interview was mainly about my parents! He should have interviewed them for goodness sake. -_-;
The only "engaging" question/comment was that he asked me if I wasn't allowed to be a part of the medical field, what would I do? I answered in the fine arts, and then I told him that I was planning to double minor in chemistry and fine arts because of my "inborn talent." He was genuinely pleased; and that was the ONLY time he was genuinely pleased.
I can't spark up conversations that do with background/history, simply because my history is unknown to me. -glares at parents- That and my history is so boring.
Siiigh, my life.

Labels: