blogspot visitor counter
Promenading on the Fine Line


Thursday, October 21, 2010 @ 2:31 AM
This is Halloween.


Without Jack Skellington!



There's a contest for the Art Club on campus, and the theme was Halloween. Immediately, I thought "The Nightmare Before Christmas! Halloween town! Sora! KINGDOM HEARTS!" so I right away jumped at the idea and created the sketch. So yesterday, the day before the meeting/when it's due, I took the entire day finishing it up. It unbelievably took 12+ hours in total, and that's really short for a big of an art piece as this. I stayed up the entire night coloring this stupid piece of drawing (which was from 10am-7am) and I still wasn't done. I hurriedly colored it so please excuse the quality; I can do so much better =^=;
What's even worse was that the meeting was CANCELED! Oh.my.gosh.! There was no reason to rush my coloring asdjkfleafms. Now it's due next Thursday. Goshhh.

For those curious about my progress, here's a small "tutorial" (if you will) on how I draw for bigger art pieces:


Mah sketch! On a 8x12" paper. (normal sized paper)

And then I redrew a cleaner and bigger sketch on 11x14" marker paper (yes I sketched it AGAIN) and I began to outline it in sepia ink.

I've always wanted to do fanart for KH but I never got around to it x)

After I'm done, I erase the pencil (obviously).

Shiny clean lineart o:

...and then I colored it. Haha. I know, it's a major jump in the coloring process but I didn't have the time to stop at certain intervals to take pictures. Maybe next time!
Go to my DeviantArt for a larger version (or just click here).

Lastly, but not least, the aftermath.

No detail shots simply because my coloring is CRAP.
I could've spent those 9 hours studying, dangit.

Labels: ,